Tuesday, December 14, 2010

reflections....

It has been awhile since last blogged and I tonight I have been thinking about our time here in Romania. We have almost been here for 6 months, some times it seems like we have been here longer and sometimes the time seems to fly by. There are days that I am surprised we are still here! When we first got here I was in such a state of shock that I just knew we were not going to make it! I remember riding in the car after we left the airport and seeing Romania for the first time and thinking okay, this is nice but we won't be here for very long! In fact when I unpacked all our boxes I put them in the attic because I thought I would need them again to re-pack to go home!

But we have made it to the almost 6 month mark. This has been such a unique experience for our family. It has changed our family in so many ways and really pushed us to our limits. I have done stuff that I never thought I could do before, and that is sometimes surprising. We have become so close as a family here that it has made it all worth it. All the ups and downs here, all the tears and wanting to go home have been worth it to see where my family is today. There are not the regular distractions here like there would be at home. We are spending so much time together, the kids have really enjoyed having us home more, especially Ray. Speaking of Ray, I have enjoyed having him here too. We are not used to being around each other so much, and I was a little worried about it in the beginning, but it has turned out to be so much fun!

We have also made some super great friends. People I would have never met before and I have been affected and changed by each one, my new American friends and my new Romanian friends! My kids have made some great friends too, and that has been wonderful.

The last 6 months have been a roller coaster of ups and downs, super highs and super lows, but life our life has changed and our family has changed for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment