Friday, December 31, 2010

Most difficult thing ever....

So this is going to be the most difficult blog post I have ever written, or probably will ever write. We are going home. We leave a week from today. We are not leaving because we hate Romania, or because we are homesick or anything like that. We are leaving because I am having some health problems that can't be addressed here in Romania. And it breaks our hearts to leave.

I don't know if anyone besides Ray understands what this is like. To go from disliking some place to calling it home all in the span of 6 months and then you pack up to leave. We have grown to love it here and we have made some wonderful friends. It truly is a bitter sweet time. I never really understood what that meant until this situation. I am so excited to go home and see my family and my friends, but at the same time how do I leave people that I love that I will probably never see again?

I have cried about this lots of times and I will cry about it lots more times. Romanians are some of the warmest people you will ever meet. We have been welcomed and loved by these people and it is so hard to go. But in the end we both think it is what is the right thing to do.

6 comments:

  1. Becky, I am so sorry that you have to leave a place you have come to love. I certainly know what you mean by going from hating a place to loving the place and the people there. Our prayers are with you and if there is anything specific you would like us to pray, please let us know otherwise we will pray as we feel led. I loved getting to know you in FPO and wish I had gotten to know you better. You and Ray seem to have a great sense of humor! That will serve you well no matter where your future takes you. Just remember that nothing takes God by surprise and He can see the end from the beginning.....God Bless as you begin this new journey in His hands and in His perfect timing! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that! We will be praying for you all as you transition back to the US!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey... even though we didn't have much time to get to know each other, please know that we will be praying for your family as you go back home. May the Father provide healing and peace in the days ahead... amen.

    Randy & Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart understands your loss and will pray for you all. One exciting thing about this season of your life coming to an end is that there is a new season awaiting you. God is already there, waiting to show you around. Hold fast to His faithfulness. He chooses for your highest good. Much love! Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky-
    We are so sad for you guys and your health issues etc.. Please know we are thinking of you and praying for you during this time.
    Much love,
    Beth and Travis Burkhalter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky, please know that I'm lifting you and your family up. My heart aches for you, but I know He's right there with you wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete