Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Life in these United States...

we have been home now for about 2 and half weeks, yet something the passport control people said to us as we were entering back into the Untied States stills rings in my ears....Were do you live?

I think that is a really good question, were do we live? We live in Yukon today and for the last few weeks, before that we thought we lived in Romania and and next month we will live somewhere else! That is a lot of places and a lot of change.

I thought coming home would be just like it sounds....coming home! And in some ways it is the same. There are days that it is like we never left in the first place and then there are days it seems like we were gone for so long. It is strange to realize life goes on with out you, here and there.

I miss my friends we made in Romania, but I am so happy to be here with my friends and family. This journey has been filled with so many mixed emotions, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. My life is different, I am different. And that is a blessing.

I think it took moving across the globe and back again to see really what is important, and what is not. So we don't have a home or very many things that belong to us, but....as cheesy as it sounds we have each other. My kids have learned that home is where we all are, not the building in which we live, and I have learned I can do so much more then I ever thought I could.

I am glad to be back in these United States, and I am super glad for Walmart, and refried beans...

No comments:

Post a Comment